The Growing Place is a ministry of Miami Lakes Congregational Church. We are A.P.P.L.E. accredited.
- We involve the child in the learning process by discovering his/her world around them through a variety of developmentally appropriate activities and materials.
- Children are encouraged to learn through actual involvement and to participate in experiences that provide opportunities for the whole child to grow and develop.
- Our staff is experienced, well-trained and knowledgeable concerning the development of young children. The staff is professionally screened and CPR certified. Most have been with us since 1983, long tenure indicates a good and stable environment.
- We have open communication between staff and parents concerning the child’s individual needs.
- We maintain an indoor and outdoor physical environment that is safe with a variety of age appropriate materials to stimulate the child’s physical, emotional and intellectual growth.
Quality care and education for young children is expensive in that the commodity we are buying is the time of skilled and responsive adults. Although equipment is important, nothing takes the place of a nurturing adult. Every employee is professionally screened (fingerprinted, child abuse registry, local law enforcement check, and childcare training) before hiring. Our teachers are salaried professionals, some whom have been with us since 1983. Long tenure indicates a good and stable environment.
The Growing Place Miami Lakes
Address: 6701 Miami Lakeway South, Miami Lakes, Florida 33014
Welcome to our school and church
We are proud to offer a quality education experience for our community children. Our school has been in operation for over 50 years. We provide a creative, positive environment hart allows learning and growth in all developmental areas. We have a well-rounded hands-on curriculum that is determined by the need of each child as an individual. Daily activities include problem solving skills, math concepts and language development. Their imagination is fostered through science exploration and creative arts.
At The Growing Place, the education and nurture of your child is our top priority. As a Christian church, we know the value of passing on our values and commitments to our children. Please feel welcome at our school in every way. Also, if your family does not have a church family at this time, we cordially invite you to join us on Sundays at 10:30AM. The Christian education program of our church complements the education and curriculum of The Growing Place and will help nurture your child in the paths of the Christian faith. Through our Sunday School classes and in the wider life of our church family, your child (along with your family) will learn Christian values and commitments that we parents want so much for our children to have woven in to the fabric of their lives.